Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fear Setting

Hectic week at work, with the end result of me quitting! What a relief!

It was a case of me standing up for what I believe in and realizing that my work was causing me too much emotional stress - in the past two months I lost between two and three kilo's in weight. That puts me under my normal weight - and I don't like that!

Thanks to 'The 4-Hour Work Week' by Timothy Ferriss (through BookDepository.co.uk), and a technique that he calls 'fear setting' (define the absolute worst case scenario, is it really that bad? Are there actions that you could take to get things back on track? On a scale of 1-10, what is the highest possible lasting negative impact it could have on your life? If we're honest, probably only 3 or 4 - On the other hand, What are the positives that could come out of following through on this hypothetical action? On a scale of 1-10, what is the possible lasting impact it could have? Possibly up to 8? Even 9 or 10?).

So, now that I'm done with that, I get to recover and recuperate. Time for some more research and putting the good word out there about our healthy lifestyle alternatives - One-on-One is great, but I think I'll be able to make more of a difference with getting more information out in the public realm for you all to think about.

If there's anything in particular that you'd like me to look into - just drop me a line! I'll get onto it!

Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment